Written by Kitty Cheung, Peak Associate
- Wake up to sound of CNN news blasts on coronavirus — thank you, family
- Resent choice to move back home for the summer
- But . . . where else could you have gone?
- Snooze alarm
- Snooze alarm
- SNOOZE. ALARM.
- Breakfast: I B U P R O F E N (1)
- Morning Zoom meeting! Create ambient noise for call via family argument outside bedroom door 🙂
- Accept the intrusive micromanagement from your mother that you think you deserve
- Resist urge to look up Avatar: The Last Airbender memes
- Open Zoom session for 12 p.m. staff meeting
- Feel good about your punctuality!
- Realize you need to download the newest version of Zoom, making you five minutes late
- Lunch: H E A R T Y C U P R A M E N (1)
- Resume meeting; forget to mute yourself.
- Receive Slack message from boss: “just looping you in . . . the sound of your noodle slurping is disturbing”
- Early Dinner: H U M I L I A T I O N (and reheated leftovers)
- Browse Avatar: The Last Airbender memes on Reddit
- Make catty, passive-aggressive comments to your gamer sister
- What you SAY: something polite about “lowering noise levels”
- What you MEAN: “Self-isolation but for your voice. shut up”
- For how many sedentary hours have I stared into darkness? Who will I become?
- Think fondly about DIY craft and fashion YouTubers from your missing youth
- Work day done! Digital burnout just beginning 🙂
- Maybe other things happened after this
- But they are not important
Law of capitalist hamster wheel: your work day is the only day in the life that matters.