By: Olivia Roberts

IRAN Deadly attacks in the Iranian capital

At least a dozen people were killed following shootings in the Iranian Parliament and the shrine of former supreme leader Ayatollah Khomeini in Tehran. It is reported that the two attacks were coordinated and the so-called Islamic State has taken responsibility. It is unclear how many attackers were at the Iranian Parliament. Four assailants were reported at Khomeini’s shrine and one reportedly detonated a suicide vest outside the mausoleum.

With files from BBC News and The Times of Israel.

UNITED STATES Donald Trump versus world leaders

American President Donald Trump started off the week insulting London mayor Sadiq Khan in a tweeted misunderstanding of Khan’s attempts to calm the city after recent terror attacks.

Khan had said in a statement that: “Londoners will see an increased police presence today and over the course of the next few days. There’s no reason to be alarmed.”

On Tuesday, criticism grew of Trump’s move to withdraw the United States from the Paris Climate Agreement. North Korea was among the countries shaming the US, with a foreign ministry spokesman reportedly telling a state news agency that the move was “the height of egotism,” and “[g]lobal warming is one of the gravest challenges that humankind is facing today.”

With files from The Toronto Star and The Daily Telegraph.  

ENGLAND Latest attacks rattle London

Last weekend, the third attack in the UK in as many months claimed the lives of eight people, and injured at least 48. The three male attackers, now identified as Youssef Zaghba, Khuram Shazad Butt, and Rachid Redouane, were killed by police moving to stop the terror incident. The so-called Islamic State has claimed responsibility.

With files from BBC News.

FLORIDA Six shot in Orlando one week before nightclub shooting anniversary

Just one week before the first anniversary of the Pulse nightclub shooting, six people, including the gunman who took his own life before the police arrived, were shot dead in an Orlando, Florida warehouse. John Robert Neumann Jr. had been fired by his employer months earlier. He was carrying a semi-automatic handgun along with a hunting knife.

With files from The New York Times.