Satellite Signals

0
471

WEB-woodwardWoodward’s

“Shaping Vancouver,” a panel discussion held on May 27, explored the meaning of neighbourhood character. The panelist included a local author, politician, businessman, community worker, and an architect. They addressed questions such as “What features give areas their distinctive character?” and “How can we ensure new development is responsive to the neighbourhood context?” The event was part of the City of Vancouver’s ongoing Heritage Action Plan.

surreySurrey

On Wednesday May 27, volunteers from SFU Surrey enjoyed a morning outdoors as they participated in Downtown Surrey Business Improvement Association’s annual community clean up, removing litter on the north end of 104 Avenue to 112 Street. The event ended with an appreciation barbeque luncheon for all the participants at Chuck Bailey Recreation Centre.

vancouverHarbour Centre

“Immigrant Seniors: What It Takes to Call Canada Home?” comprised of a screening and subsequent discussion on the documentary The Price of Reunion or Lessons in Happiness. The event, hosted on May 26, was based on the 35-minute film, which explored the successes and challenges faced by immigrant seniors in Canada. The discussion covered some of the latest policy changes and various ways to help new senior immigrants.