Recovering-recovering-alcoholic rejoins friends, community after months of sobriety

0
607

By: Jordano Tonial, Peak Associate 

BURNABY — Friends of Jordano Tonial are reportedly happy to have him back to his old ways after his several month-long self-imposed bout with sobriety came to end last weekend. According to loved ones, “Rooster” gave up drinking for two months, and reportedly, during that time, never went out, was frequently depressed, and wasn’t fun at all.

“Those were dark days” said Jordano of his two month-long fall into sobriety. “I realized I hit rock bottom when I found myself at home, alone, drinking Fresca and watching reruns on TLC on a Friday night.”

Jordano explained that he used sobriety to feel better about himself, but in the process he pushed away a lot of the people who loved him. “It was very selfish,” Jordano admitted, looking back on his experience, “I was hurting a lot of people who cared about me.”

After realizing that he was isolating himself, he chose to pull himself together and rejoin the community. This decision was met with a lot of support and his friends were ecstatic to see him out at Portside last Friday night.

“I saw him fall down the stairs — -TWICE —- it was awesome,” said roommate Lynn Nowelselski, one of the many well-wishers who greeted Jordano by telling him that it was good to have him back.

“When someone gets into that kind of a lifestyle, like Jordano did, you don’t know what happens to them. I was really worried about him, like, did he join a cult or something?” said friend, Zaeem Khan.

While a relapse into sobriety is possible, his friends were quick to offer their support, including Josh Solman who reportedly stated  “I’ll be your sponsor bro! Just call me — we’ll get fucked up!”

Although Jordano asked The Peak not to use his real name, he thought his story could serve as a powerful example to others out there who are also struggling with sobriety.

“I don’t know what personal demons made me slip into something like that,” Jordano explained in closing, “but with the help of my friends and family, any thought of ever not-drinking again has been put to rest.”