Quiz: should you call your mom?

0
729
Photo courtesy of The WoW Style
Photo courtesy of The WoW Style
Photo courtesy of The WoW Style

Should you give your mother, the woman who housed you in her womb for nine months, a call? Or should you not phone her and save your time for more important things, like aimlessly browsing Facebook for the next hour? Take our quiz to find out what you should do — even though you should already know the answer.

Question one: Well, don’t you think you should call her?
A. Yes, I should! I owe her so much already, the least I could do is give her a quick phone call.
B. Yes, thanks for reminding me.
C. Probably, but I’m not really sure when I’ll have the time.

Question two: When was the last time you phoned her?
A. Today, but there’s no such thing as talking to your mother too much.
B. Wow, has it already been a week since our last phone call? Better fix that right away.
C. I don’t know. Weeks, maybe months. Time is relative, you know.

Question three: She really does appreciate you phoning her, even if she doesn’t always show it. You know that, right?
A. Yeah, I know. I’m going to call her as soon as I’m finished doing this quiz.
B. Couldn’t have said it better myself. The least I could do is give her a quick call.
C. If she likes talking on the phone so much, then why doesn’t she call me instead of me always having to call her?

Question four: You wouldn’t even be here if it wasn’t for your mother. Are you aware of everything she’s done for you?
A. Really? I already said I’d call her. What more do you want from me?
B. I get it! Most moms go underappreciated by their kids. You don’t have to make me feel bad about it.
C. I’m not going to call her. After all, you only get one mother and a limited amount of time together, but why should any of that affect my decision?

Question five: Has anything note-worthy happened in your life recently that might be good to update her on? Maybe you’re seeing someone new?
A. I bet it’d make her day to hear from me!
B. Okay, okay, I’ll call her right now.
C. I’m ungrateful for everything my mother has done for me.

Results:
If you answered mostly As and Bs, then you’re a wonderful son or daughter. Your mother is proud of you — always has been, always will be — and you didn’t need a quiz from a student newspaper to tell you that.

If you answered mostly Cs, then you should likely watch your tone, and call your mother anyways. Ask for forgiveness, since you were probably this unappreciative growing up and she deserves to be treated better.

If you answered a mixture of As, Bs, and Cs, then you should probably recognize that simply calling your mother in the first place would have taken less time than calculating those results. Tsk tsk.