Emojis that iPhone users are sick of not having

0
2877
Photo courtesy of Mic
Photo courtesy of Mic
Photo courtesy of Mic

It’s been a little over a month since Apple unleashed their latest wave of emojis — just enough time for people to forget about the good and return to complaining about the bad. While users can appreciate the increased diversity in skin colours and the addition of several same-sex couple emojis, can we please address some of the noticeable gaps still existent in the emoji spectrum? Take note, Apple.

A taco emoji: If you browse any survey about the world’s most popular foods, you’ll undoubtedly find tacos/Mexican food somewhere on that list. Taco Tuesdays have been without proper emoji representation for long enough, as well as Cinco de Mayo. At this point, it just feels like Apple are trolling us more than anything.

A cupcake emoji: Nothing would be sweeter than for the next set of emojis to include a cupcake emoji. I’m not even asking for a range of cupcakes — although that would certainly be ideal — but at least one type so I can effectively text someone the next time I see the Criminology students holding a bake sale fundraiser in Blusson Hall.

A laughing nun emoji: We have a chapel emoji, we have an angel emoji, and yet we still don’t have an emoji of a nun laughing because you cracked a delightful yet appropriate joke in Sunday school. Where are the priorities?

A Klingon battle sword (also known as a Bat’leth) emoji: How awkward is it when you’re texting a friend about Klingon death rituals and you realize there’s no Bat’leth emoji? If Apple’s going to promote diversity with dozens of more country flags, the least they could do is remain inclusive to all cultures. It would make me very happy — or as they say in Klingon, “It would make me very happy.

Your sassy Aunt Sally emoji: Not all middle-aged sassy aunts are created the same, so why does my iPhone represent them as such? The only sassy aunt emoji available now is a brunette that sort of resembles your Aunt Cheryl, so where’s the blonde one that could stand in for your Aunt Sally?!

A customer who’s never satisfied emoji: How hard would it be to create an emoji that looks like a consumer that fails to ever be satisfied with what he or she has, always wanting more? After the most recent update I spent a solid five minutes scanning the emoji keyboard, just hoping I’d find an image of a customer who’s as thankless as I am, but no such luck.

A noose emoji: I mean, come on, Apple! I’m sick of having to type out the word noose when an emoji of rope tied into one would be so much more convenient. I think it could even prove to be one of the most popular emojis of all time, if you gave it a chance.