Sports Briefs

0
419

Cross-Country

The Clan men’s and women’s cross-country teams competed at the 41st Annual Western Washington University Classic on Saturday, October 11 in Bellingham, WA. The women’s team achieved first place among Division II competitors while the men placed second. Rebecca Bassett led the women with a time of 21:42, placing eighth individually, while Oliver Jorgensen was the top runner for the men placing 17th with a time of 32:02.

Lacrosse

SFU Lacrosse headed down to California for their fall tour over the Thanksgiving weekend. Facing off first against Sonoma State University, they lost 11-9, nearly coming back from a disastrous second quarter in which they were scored on six times and only scored once. SFU also dropped their other two games, 15-6 to Diablo Valley College, and 14-8 to Dominican University of California. The tournament was the first for many of the players, as 13 of the 26 players are freshmen.

Golf

SFU’s golf teams will compete Monday and Tuesday, with the men headed to Monterey Bay, CA, while the women head to Victoria, BC to play at the Vikes Invitational. Sophomore Kevin Vigna will not play due to injury. The men’s golf team is ranked fifth in NCAA Division II competition according to the first Golfstat ranking of the season.

With files from SFU Athletics and @FraserLacrosse