Eight reasons to look forward to fall

0
522

James McAvoy and Jessica Chastain filming in New York

1) Before I Go To Sleep– September 12

Featuring Nicole Kidman and Colin Firth, Before I Go To Sleep tells the story of Christine, who can’t remember who she is or anything about her past each morning when she wakes. With the help of her husband, journals, video diaries, and her doctor, she goes through the process of finding herself each day. Until the accident that caused her memory loss just doesn’t seem to add up… 

2) The Skeleton Twins  – September 19

Estranged twins, played by Saturday Night Live alums Kristen Wiig and Bill Hader, cheat death on the exact same day, and decide to try to fix their relationship. The Skeleton Twins is sure to be full of laughter and sweet sibling bonding moments. 

3) The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby  – September 26

Featuring Jessica Chastain and James McAvoy, The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby was created uniquely as a set of three separate yet interrelated films. “Them” will be coming out in theaters this year. “Him” and “Her” were screened last year at film festivals. All three tell the story of a relationship break down following a tragedy, from their different perspectives. 

4) Left Behind – October 3

The latest in our line of end of the world films, Left Behind is based on the series of the same title. It stars Nicholas Cage and Chad Michael Murray as some of the people who are left behind once a large population of the world suddenly vanishes, leaving destruction in their wake. 

5) The Best of Me – October 17

The newest in Nicholas Sparks’ line of romantic books turned into movies takes place in two timelines 20 years apart. High school sweethearts Amanda and Dawson are reunited when they are both visiting their hometown, only to realize they haven’t lost their high school love. The Best of Me stars Michelle Monaghan, Liana Liberato and James Marsden. 

6) Interstellar – November 7

Director Christopher Nolan’s latest, Interstellar, is a dystopian space adventure featuring Matthew McConaughey, Jessica Chastain and Anne Hathaway. In a catastrophic future, astronauts discover a wormhole they believe may lead to saving the fate of mankind. 

7) Foxcatcher – November 14

Foxcatcher follows the tragic true story of wrestling brothers Mark and Dave Schultz and their Olympic trainer, John du Pont. Starring Channing Tatum, Mark Rufalo, and Steve Carrel, this sports thriller already has Oscar buzz surrounding it. 

8) The Imitation Game – November 21

With everyone’s favourite Sherlock, Benedict Cumberbatch, and Kiera Knightly, this biographical drama is sure to be popular this fall. The Imitation Game follows English logician Alan Turing, who races against the clock to crack the Enigma code, which transmitted secret enemy messages, during World War II.