Hidden Gems: Bars, breweries, and more for your summer nights out

Spend your summer nights inside or outside at these entertainment hubs

0
75
Photo of one of the listed businesses
PHOTO: Amrit Kamaal / The Peak

By: Izzy Cheung, Arts & Culture Editor

Rocky Point Spirits 

2805 Murray St., Port Moody 
Open Sunday–Thursday 12:00 p.m.–10:00 p.m. and Friday–Saturday 12:00 p.m.–12:00 a.m. 

Rocky Point Spirits is probably not a hidden gem for those located in the Tri-Cities, but it’s a must-try regardless of where you live in the Lower Mainland. For those looking to enjoy the brewery vibe without drinking a beer, Rocky Point Spirits is your place. Sip on a classic cosmopolitan or try their passionfruit vodka tea, all while watching the sun set from their patio overlooking Rocky Point. It’s not only a staple on Port Moody’s Brewery Row, but also a great place to grab drinks at the end of a sunny summer’s day. 

The Wise Hall & Lounge 

1882 Adanac St., Vancouver 
Open Monday–Thursday 5:00 p.m.–1:00 a.m., Friday–Saturday 5:00 p.m.–2:00 a.m., and Sundays 5:00 p.m.–12:00 a.m. 

The Wise Hall is an intimate concert hall that hosts various forms of live entertainment. It’s a great local spot that features musicians from Vancouver and beyond. If you’re looking for a more relaxing experience, they also have a basement lounge where you can enjoy a cool drink. This hall, however, isn’t just for live music and entertainment — you can book their venue for virtually any event. They recently hosted a fundraising concert series featuring Vancouver-based artists such as Queer as Funk and Spendo. Help save a local gem by stopping by The Wise! Take a look at who they’re hosting next on do604.com.  

Gillnetter Pub 

1864 Argue St., Port Coquitlam
Open Monday–Wednesday 11:00 a.m.–10:00 p.m., Thursday–Friday 11:00 a.m.–11:00 p.m., Saturdays 10:00 a.m.–11:00 p.m., and Sundays 10:00 a.m.–10:00 p.m. 

Overlooking stal̕əw̓ (Fraser River) is the Gillnetter Pub, a neighbourhood joint for those located in the South Port Coquitlam area. With a spacious outdoor dining area and walls plastered with decorative nets and anchors, this pub truly commits to their nautical theme. They have a special deal every day of the week for guests to consider. On Thursdays, they have wings priced at $0.50 each from 3:00 p.m. to closing. Come for their happy hour, stay for the sunset on the river! 

Finch & Barley  

250 1st St. E, North Vancouver 
Open Tuesday–Thursday 5:00 p.m.–11:00 p.m. and Friday–Saturday 5:00 p.m.–1:00 a.m. 

For a cozy, non-chaotic night out, try visiting Finch & Barley. During the daytime, this restaurant operates as a casual, Middle-Eastern-inspired eatery serving up halloumi tacos and lamb gravy poutine. However, at night, Finch & Barley becomes a quaint and upbeat hub for rotating DJs and live, local talent. Low-tone splashes of red decorate their dining space late at night as they serve up tangy rose lemon drop martinis and fizzy lavender gin sodas. Check out their events tab for more information on their upcoming performers.