Satellite Signals

0
557

WOODWARD’S:

The Fifth Annual Vancouver Polish Film Festival begins on October 21 at the Djavad Mowafaghian World Art Centre, showcasing various productions from the Polish film industry. The three-day event will screen 10 Polish films that cover topics from crime to relationships, music, and family drama. Admission for a three-day pass is $50, or $12 per viewing. Students can also receive a 50 percent discount on general admission tickets. For more details and screening times, visit SFU Woodward’s website.

HARBOUR CENTRE:

SFU’s Institute for the Humanities supports Congo Week at Grandview Calvary Baptist Church with Breaking the Silence: 20 Years After Invasion and War in the Congo. The event welcomes Maurice Carney, co-founder of Friends of the Congo, as he discusses the challenges that the Democratic Republic of the Congo has faced following its invasion by Uganda and Rwanda 20 years ago. This event will take place on October 18 at 6:30 p.m.

SURREY:

SFU Venture Connection hosts Rising Tides: Emerging Talent and Trends in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math at SFU Surrey room 3310, October 18 at 5 p.m. This event will showcase some of SFU’s entrepreneurs as they discuss the future of STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics). This event is also the launch of the STEM Spotlight Awards, and will feature a representative from the UK STEM Awards to discuss the program.