Reminder of what’s allowed, not allowed under Stage 3 water restrictions

0
610
Photo courtesy of Carsten Tolkmit (Flickr)

Residents of Metro Vancouver haven’t had to deal with Stage 3 water restrictions for more than a decade, but with scorching summer temperatures and below-seasonal rainfall, the Lower Mainland is tightening up on water usage. August is generally the second driest month of the year, just after July, so here’s a quick rundown of what you can and cannot do under new Stage 3 water restrictions.

• You are not allowed to water your lawn, either by hand or by sprinkler.
  • You are not allowed refill your private pool.
  • You are not allowed to bring up the weather as a point of interest, regardless of how surface-level the conversation is destined to be.
  • You are allowed to support Bernie Sanders over Hillary Clinton, as long as your reason goes beyond simply not liking Clinton for some superficial personal reason.
  • You are not allowed to run garden water fountains, unless they recycle water.
  • You are not allowed to be cautiously optimistic that Pixels isn’t as bad of a movie as everyone says it is.
  • You are not allowed to wash your vehicle at home, unless it is for safety reasons.
  • You are allowed to wash your vehicle at a commercial car wash.
  • You are allowed to stop using the phrase “on point.”
  • You are not allowed to catcall someone, regardless of how much of a compliment you think it might be.
  • You are allowed to use untreated or collected rainwater for any purpose, as the water restrictions only apply to drinking water.
  • You are not allowed to wear Crocs with socks.
  • You are not allowed to wear Crocs in general.
  • You are not allowed to still think that water restrictions don’t apply to you.