Turning the page on tech innovation with bookbook™

0
499
Experts are already predicting how this new platform will impact the tech world.

Recently Ikea has been making world headlines with its innovative bookbook™, a new revolutionary device that’s small enough to fit in the palm of your hand. Straying from their traditional Ikea Edge, this new bookbook is a slim and sleeker version of your usual catalogue, with a 7.5 by 8 inch design. After the success of 2013’s iHorseMeatballs, Ikea’s new device has already garnered positive responses from some of the top technology critics. Here’s what some of them are saying.

“This is the future, I’ve never seen anything quite like it. The interface has totally changed from last year’s catalogue.” -Maria Yoshida, Wired

“Quite frankly, I’m satisfied with it. Especially with its new virus protection Roll-it-Up app, which fights off any bugs.” –Joel Lepp, Gizmag

“The fact that it has a bendable screen on every page is amazing. Sorry Samsung, I’ve Sam-singed your praises long enough.” -John Fowler, New Technology Magazine

“I love the multiple fonts this magazine offers. Now I can send cryptic kidnapping messages without having to find another magazine.” -Michael Klyne, Stuff

“It also doubles as toilet paper!” -Paige Lawless, Vancouver Sun

However, despite the massive hype circulating the internet, users of similar interfaces were unimpressed with what Ikea had to offer.

“Yeah, the extended battery life is great, but Ikea’s deliberately avoiding the fact that it’s not waterproof. I spilled my coffee on it and now the screen stopped working.” -Tania Turnbull, The Globe and Mail

“If you look inside the magazine, there’s nothing but proprietary hardware with no open source specifications. How am I supposed to know the NSA isn’t spying on me through my Tarva shelf? I’m going to store my personal photos on there you know.” -Alison Smith, Discover Magazine

“I don’t like how they’re only letting the bookbook™ be compatible with the bookbookhourglass™. Ikea has dominated the marketplace long enough; give us some room for competition!” -Tom Harold, Popular Science

“What a rip-off, it doesn’t even have any games.” – Rachelle Yeung, The Toronto Star

“Meh, they’re just going to shill out a bookbook™ 1S sooner or later.” – Max Hill, The Peak