Join the Club: Pool Hustlers Club

0
664

JOIN THE CLUB is a feature that highlights SFU’s lesser known clubs and non-existent organizations. This week we highlight . . .

The Pool Hustlers Club

The SFU Pool Hustlers Club is a fun and relaxed place where SFU students can come learn to play pool without any pressure. Unlike the Billiards Club, you won’t find a bunch of pool experts or “sharks” who you can’t compete with. In fact, none of our current members are really that good at all.

Newcomers of any sub-par skill level are welcome to come join and play a game or two. It doesn’t matter if you’ve never picked up a cue (or is it a stick? I always forget . . . haha). We’re all beginners here. Who knows, you’ll probably even beat us in the first couple of games.

Now, another difference between us and that stuffy old “Billiards Club” is that if, after a couple of games, you start feeling pretty confident and you want to throw a couple of bucks down on a game, we’re totally cool with it. Our only expectation is that if you win, you give your opponent a chance to go double-or-nothing, that’s just common courtesy.

So, if you’re looking for a little more informal place to practice your pool skills and aren’t going to be a tight-ass with your money, come join the SFU Pool Hustlers Club. We won’t judge you: all amateurs, first-timers, rubes, suckers and stooges are welcome!