China does not need the Occupy Movement

2
512

July 8 2013 Option B edit copy

I’m not joking around when it comes to the betterment of my people. My point here is this: Instead of waiting for the global revolution to reach China, China should spark its own revolution, but without pledging absolute allegiance to the global revolution started by Occupy Wall Street.

My primary reason, drawn after so many years of being a social activist, is that not everything promoted by Occupy Wall Street is best for China. While this may sound disturbingly familiar with the Communist Party’s sour excuse for rejecting the division of power or universal suffrage, I’m merely trying to fight against the Communist Party over the power to speak.

Let me give you an example of how this breaks down categorically: I’m all about the division of power and universal suffrage, but the abolishment of state? Sorry, but no.

Many activists who grew up in China understand that, after 65 years of the Communist Party regime, the morals of the Chinese people in mainland China have been all but destroyed. Moreover, those good old virtues — like “saving a life is more powerful than building a seven-level tower of worship” — are now nothing but fragments laying in ruins.

That’s dominantly, if not entirely, why in China there’s Sudan Red in ketchups, Malachite Green in fish, gutter oil in cooking oil, “formula” powder with no protein, you name it.

Without a state to restore and re-establish the virtues that govern our people, even after the Communist Party regime is overthrown, the entirety of mainland China will fall into disorder rather than becoming a better place. This proves why the abolishment of state, strongly promoted by Occupy Wall Street, is no good for Chinese people.

Not only are many theories of Occupy Wall Street not suitable for China, but neither is its common practise of alienation suitable for China. For an activist, being arrested by the police may not scare you, but getting fired at by your supposed comrades breaks your heart into pieces.

Last week, Occupy Wall Street disheartened us again by saying: “If petitions changed anything, they would be illegal.” What this says is that all those who start and / or sign petitions are good-for-nothing wimps. True, protests are important, but do you absolutely have to do this to those who have their own legitimate concerns for attending protests themselves?

Activism is on a dangerous crash course, because activists are
firing at each other rather than at the 1 per cent, and this saddens me. But what saddens me more is that alienation by Occupy Wall Street is becoming such common practice.

Given that the most vital task for Chinese revolutionists is to unite the Chinese people, which have already been divided big time by the Communist Party — meaning a united anti-CCP force would die out before it could be formed — can Occupy Wall Street’s practise of alienation do any good for either the Chinese revolution or the Chinese people? Absolutely not.

I’ll stop here because I’ve made my point clear. Of course, if you’d like to help or join our revolution, feel free to do so and I’ll still request a blood chit on it for you. However, if you want to crusade into China with your Occupy Wall Street doctrines, please don’t. You don’t even know what you’re doing.

1. Hi, Ben. Nice illustration. I do have one tiny suggestion, though: You could’ve depicted the soldier with the (>:D) face instead, just to make the urgency look more… you know, urging.

2. As far as I can read you basically illustrate why the entire Occupy movement was shambolic and a waste of time in general, and that activism itself is an egocentric and dying beast. And isn’t just unsuitable for Chinese.