The Peak is hiring a distributor for the Burnaby campus

0
611
- SFU

We are looking for an individual to distribute The Peak to approximately 40 newsstands across the Burnaby campus. If you or someone you know is looking to make some extra cash over the summer semester, please send a resume and brief letter of intent to jobs@the-peak.ca by Thursday, May 7 at 9:00 p.m.

Purpose: The Burnaby Distribution Coordinator exists to deliver physical copies of The Peak to stands in a timely and efficient manner, to collect information on circulation and pickup, and to maintain The Peak’s distribution infrastructure at the SFU Burnaby campus.

Duties:

• Responsible for meeting courier at the Burnaby campus and receiving each new issue of The Peak
  • Shall distribute an appropriate number of copies to The Peak‘s distribution points at the Burnaby campus
  • Shall keep track of the number of unused copies on each stand in this jurisdiction, report these numbers to the Business Manager on a weekly basis, and dispose of unused copies in the appropriate recycling boxes
  • Shall inspect all distribution points at the Burnaby campus at least once mid-week and restock and tidy as necessary
  • Shall ensure each Peak newsstand in this jurisdiction is kept tidy and clean from posters and graffiti and that the area around the stand is kept tidy
  • Shall dispose of unauthorized advertising materials placed on Peak distribution points and report large-scale unauthorized use to the Business Manager
  • Shall maintain all Peak newsstands including cleaning, painting, and coordinating replacement of damaged or stolen boxes
  • When necessary, shall attend all Peak employee meetings
  • Other related duties as requested by the Business Manager, Board of Directors, or Collective

Qualifications:

• Must be self-motivated, able to work and fulfill expectations without direct supervision
  • Must be capable of carrying large stacks of newspapers and use a hand truck

Other details:

• Hired on a semesterly basis
  • 4-6 hours per week
  • Paid $100 per week
  • Preference given to students of SFU