The Week Ahead in SFU Sports: January 13–19

Men’s basketball and hockey play at home this week

0
648
The new SFU Athletics logo — Photo credit / SFU Athletics

By: Dylan Webb, Sports Editor

This week, as students settle into the spring semester, the SFU Basketball, Hockey, Wrestling and Track teams are in action. Unfortunately for fans of Clan sports, only the men’s basketball team and hockey team will play at home. Come out to the West Gym and the Bill Copeland Sports Centre to see our student-athletes do what they do best!

Women’s Basketball:

This week, the women’s basketball team will travel to Idaho and Washington State for a two-game road trip. After a stop in Nampa to take on Northwest Nazarene University at 6:30 p.m. on January 16, the team will travel to Ellensburg to take on Central Washington University at 5 p.m.

Men’s Basketball:

After their longest road trip of the season took them up to Alaska, the men’s basketball team returns to the West Gym this week for a couple of home games. Western Oregon University is in town on January 16, followed by a match up with Concordia University on January 18. Tip off for both games is scheduled for 7 p.m

Men’s Wrestling:

The SFU Men’s Wrestling team will participate in two events this week. First, on January 17, the team will travel to Oregon City to take on Clackamas Community College at 7 p.m. Two days later, on January 19, the boys will be in Forest Grove, Oregon for the Pacific University Boxer Open. 

Track and Field:

For their first event of the year, the SFU Track and Field team will travel to the University of Washington for the 2020 Indoor Preview on January 18

Hockey:

A challenging week looms for the SFU Hockey team as they are slated to take on the undefeated, league-leading Trinity Western University Spartans twice in three days. After visiting the Langley Events Centre on January 16, the teams return to the Bill Copeland Sports Centre for a rematch on January 18. Puck drop for both games is 7 p.m.