Staff Favourite Albums

0
557

Good Grief by Lucius: One of my biggest regrets of 2016 is that I didn’t see Lucius when they were in Vancouver. Twinsies power duo. What more could you want. – Natalie Serafini, Copy Editor

1989 by Taylor Swift: She’s a snake but what can I say? She’s got the talent that brought her to fame and the money to prove it. – Matthew Fong, Layout Assistant

Absolution by Muse: The only good thing to come out of 2003. – Tamara Connor, Features Editor

Cults by Cults: The happiest music for hating yourself, and I’m all about that. – Alexa Tarrayo, Photo Editor

I Can Hear the Heart Beating as One by Yo La Tengo: The coziest album of all time by the best band you’ve never heard of. – Max James Hill, Editor-in-Chief

Andrew McMahon in the Wilderness by Andrew McMahon in the Wilderness: I met him and he is a pure little cinnamon bun whom I want to protect. – Jessica Pickering, Burnaby Distribution Manager

Grace by Jeff Buckley: Buckley’s voice, poetry, and face are absolutely fucking beautiful. – Janis McMath, Humour Editor

Take Care by Drake: Moody, introspective Drake with bangers. The best of both worlds. – Nick Bondi, Sports Editor

Soon it Will Be Cold Enough by Emancipator: I’ve written so many scripts with this album playing in the background. Good times. – Adam Madojemu, Multimedia Editor

Pilgrim’s Paradise by Daniel Caesar: Only Daniel Caesar could make angsty lyrics sound this beautiful. – Linda Shu, Layout Assistant

Vestiges and Claws by José González: He’s Swedish, he’s lovely, and this album is everything you want from indie folk. – Jessica Whitesel, Arts Editor