Seven things to do in Vancouver this Halloween

0
595

Whether you’re a spooky history buff, are looking to win a best costume contest, or just want to save the world from zombies, Vancouver has an attraction for you. Picked from all the festive activities running all month long, below are the top seven Halloween attractions in the city.

Richmond Country Farms  
Boasting 37 years of experience, Richmond Country Farms has gotten Halloween celebrations down pat. With a huge pumpkin patch, wagon rides, a corn maze, free apples fresh from the tree, and much more, this is a must-visit attraction in the month of October.
Where: 12900 Steveston Hwy, Richmond
When: October 1–31  

Admission: $9–12 (includes a pumpkin!)
All ages

Fright Nights at Playland
Advertised as “Western Canada’s Scariest Haunt,” Fright Nights is another popular Vancouverite scare destination. If you’re drop-dead scared of the dark, clowns, possessed dolls, or ghosts, best steer clear and stick to one of the 15 rides available. Try not to puke up your mini powdered donuts.
Where: Playland Entrance at East Hastings and Windermere Street, Vancouver
When: October 7–31
Admission: $22–$79 (depending on the pass you purchase and the day)
Not recommended for guests under 12 years old and over 65 years old

Zombie Syndrome interactive theatre
Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to save Downtown Vancouver from a rampant zombie plague. Find the clues, outrun the walking dead, and try to hunt down suspected vampire psychopath Mattias Van Cleave. Bring your running shoes, your smartphone, and your vigilance — you never know what’s lurking behind that corner.
Where: Downtown Vancouver/Granville Island (exact location revealed the day before your mission begins)
When: October 4–31
Admission: $12.50–50 (depending on the day)
For ages 15+

Potter’s House of Horrors
If you love movies about abandoned prisons, bloodthirsty inhuman creatures, extraterrestrials, and hillbilly psychopaths, this is the haunted house for you. With two houses, Monstrosity and the Swampin’ Slaughterhouse, horror movie fans and thrill-seekers should buy their tickets fast and kiss their loved ones goodbye. For those with little ones, there’s even a Li’l Haunters haunted house for kids aged 12 and under.
Where: 12530 72 Avenue, Surrey
When: October 1–2, 7–9, and 11– 31
Admission: Adults $14–$50 and kids $10–$40
For all ages

Halloween International Students Party
Are you a university student? Do you want to see some of the hottest student DJs from around the world play? Do you want to win up to $1,000 in cash prizes for having an amazing costume? Do you want to tour Vancouver in a limo and then attend one of the best Halloween parties Vancouver has to offer? If you answered yes to any of these, this party is for you! With various packages and price points, you’re sure to find something that matches your budget and tastes.
Where: AllStar Wings & Ribs, 808 Bute Street, Vancouver
When: October 29, starting at 9 p.m.
Admission: Varies depending how many tickets are left
Ages 19+ only

Haunted Halloween Trolley Tour
This one’s for the spooky history buffs. In the dark shadows of October nights, the trolley will take you to some of the most haunted Vancouver destinations, including the city morgue, the Fairmont Hotel, Mountain View cemetery, the Vancouver Police Museum, and Stanley Park. Prepare to hear the gruesome tales of Errol Flynn, the Lady in Red, the Castellani Milkshake Murder, and many more. Call to make your reservation in advance, since the tour always sells out!  
Where: Departure and arrival at Canada Place
When: October 14–31 (excluding Mondays and Sundays)
Admission: $40 for a two and a half-hour tour
Ages 13+ only       

Ghost Train in Stanley Park

If you’re a bit of a wimp, and looking for something on the fun side, this train ride through Stanley Park is a great way to spend an evening. Complete with a mariachi band, this year’s Day of the Dead theme will have you smiling and maybe a little spooked.

When: October 8–31, 11 a.m.–5 p.m.

Where: Stanley Park
Admission: $7–11
All ages