Sports Briefs

0
501
The Clan lost both of their games to break a seven game losing streak.

Lacrosse

SFU Lacrosse won their past two games, beating Sonoma State 12–9, and the University of Nevada 17–9. The team’s next game will be against the University of Idaho on April 1. The two wins move SFU to a 5–4 overall record with three games remaining.

Softball

SFU lost both games against Western Oregon on Saturday the 19. The losses snapped a seven game win streak for the Clan. In the first game, SFU lost 2–0, only managing three hits against Western Oregon pitcher Alyson Boetz. In the second game, SFU surrendered a 5–0 lead they had in the third inning to lose 6–5. Western Oregon scored four in the fourth inning.

Quidditch

Last weekend, SFU Quidditch won the first annual Vancouver Island Quidditch Tournament. SFU went undefeated, against the University of Victoria Valkyries, and the newly formed Nanaimo Nightwings. SFU walked away from the tournament with all of their chasers scoring at least once.

Athletics Banquet

Ellen Kett and Jordan Herdman have been named SFU female and male athletes of the year by SFU Athletics. Kett was in the top five in both assists and three-point percentage and was named to the GNAC All-Conference first team. Herdman was named the GNAC Defensive Player of the Year, and was also named to the NCAA All-American Second Team. Herdman also set the GNAC record for tackles in a single game this season.

With Files from SFU Athletics & SFU Quidditch