Boxer Briefs

0
565

SFU stirs up constant caffeination

[SURREY CAMPUS] The refrain “coffee is your best friend” has never been more prevalent on campus. With midterms in full swing, more and more students are finding themselves staying on campus to study. To save students from further mental breakdown from night-long cramming, SFU has teamed up with the Blenz Coffee on Surrey campus in an initiative to keep students awake during their all-nighter study sessions and for their morning classes the day after. Various intravenous coffee stations have been installed on each floor, conveniently located between study areas and bathrooms.

A&W man retires; looking for SFU replacement

[BURNABY CAMPUS]  Last fall, Allen Lulu, better known as the “A&W guy”, took SFU by storm when he arrived on campus to film an advertisement for A&W’s new “Buddy Chicken Burger.” Now, Lulu has announced plans to return to SFU for different reasons altogether. Last week, he took to Twitter announcing that he would retiring later this year.

“I feel like I’ve succeeded all I needed to in my life,” Lulu said candidly at the Metrotown A&W over the weekend. “It’s time to pass the torch to someone else.”

With the search for his replacement set to start this Summer, The Peak asked Lulu why he took preference to SFU students: “our chickens are raised without any hormones, but it’s doing something to [SFU students]. It makes you guys super quirky. Like me.”

Getting Crafty: Course Focuses on Beer Snob Etiquette

[VANCOUVER CAMPUS] If you can’t wait until 5 p.m. to get your craft beer fix, look no further than SFU’s Vancouver campus for a new, comprehensive course on the history of craft beer in Vancouver. But hold onto your mugs and bottles, because this isn’t just some one-day class that teaches you how to brew beer in your parents’ unfinished basement suite. This class is designed for those who want to show up your older brother or best friend’s obnoxious boyfriend. Take the opportunity to exploit the riches of Vancouver’s craft beer scene, as it teaches you everything you need to know about beer, and how to discuss beer in a condescending manner to the simple-minded plebs around you.