Sports Briefs

0
405

Volleyball

Christina Howlett has been selected to the GNAC All-Academic Team. The sophomore from Delta, BC led the team with a 4.00 cumulative grade point average in business. She has 203 total kills on the season, which places her third on the team.

Women’s Golf

Head Coach John Buchanan has announced that Bethany Ma has signed her national letter of intent to play for the women’s golf team. Ma is the captain of the Pacific Academy Senior Golf Team, and was able to lead the team to its first ever high school championship; like Howlett, she holds a 4.0 GPA. She was also chosen to represent Canada at the 2015 Aaron Baddeley International Junior Golf Championship.

Football

Jordan Herdman has been named the GNAC Defensive Player of the Year for the second straight season. The redshirt junior from Winnipeg, Manitoba finished the season with an average of 14.8 tackles per game, good enough to place first in the GNAC conference and fifth in all of Division II. Jordan was also named to the All-Conference First Team, also with his brother Justin.

Soccer

Two players on both the women’s and men’s soccer team were named to the GNAC All-Academic Team. Brandon Watson, goalkeeper on the men’s team, carried a 4.11 GPA in Kinesiology, while Robert Hyams had a 3.57 GPA in Economics. On the women’s side, forward Olivia Aguiar had a 3.83 GPA in Kinesiology, and Devon Kollmyer had 3.90 GPA in Molecular Biology and Biochemistry.
With files from SFU Athletics