Woohoo, Boohoo

0
558

Woohoo: Apple Cider

Nothing screams autumn more than apples; the perfect fall fruit that can be baked into pies, eaten right from the tree, turned into crumbles, or accompanied with pork. But the perfect thing that versatile and humble apples can be turned into is cider.

Cider is the nectar of the gods. It fills your heart with warmth, comfort, and a sudden urge to wear flannel with a toque, then jump into a massive pile of leaves. In all its family-friendly glory, this one drink can capture fall in a mug.

On the other hand, these feelings could also come from hard cider, in all its alcohol-filled wonder. The only difference is that you might skip the flannel and toque and just jump right into the leaves. Either way, whether your drink is family-friendly or adults-only, you win.

Boohoo: Pumpkin Spice latte

So what if it is made with real pumpkin? Have you ever eaten plain pumpkin? Spoiler alert, it’s kind of gross. But put some cinnamon, clove, allspice, and nutmeg, then place it all in a pie shell, and boom! You end up with the most perfect of pies.

Pumpkin pie pairs perfectly with coffee. In other words, pie on a plate, coffee in a cup. When someone got lazy and decided to put the two together in one cup, his was a terrible idea. Mixed together, you wind up with something that tastes like regret and the slow death of all the plants heralding the coming of winter.

The pumpkin spice latte doesn’t celebrate everything that is good about fall; it emphasizes the sadness of the season. It also encourages you to stay indoors, in a climate-controlled, leaf-free cafe, ‘liking’ Instagrams of fall weather without actually experiencing it.