Board Shorts

0
395

50th anniversary engagement team

Associate project director of SFU’s 50th anniversary project, Adam Brayford, approached the board to discuss collaborating to increase student involvement in the university’s celebrations.

SFU is looking to form a group of 15 students to assist in engaging the student body in 50th anniversary activities.

The team of 10 undergraduate and five graduate students will work to promote celebratory events and will have the opportunity to bring their own ideas to the table for encouraging student involvement across multiple disciplines and all of SFU’s campuses.

Each of these students will be awarded a $750 honorarium for their participation. Brayford encouraged people looking to get involved to find more details on SFU’s “My Involvement” page.

Meet and greets are sweet

The board approved the concept of an “SFSS Meet and Greet” event to bring together SFU clubs.

The social event would be an opportunity for members of SFU’s myriad of student clubs to share ideas and get to know each other and the society. SFSS president Enoch Weng emphasized the importance of connecting with these groups and making the society more accessible to them.

Directors will now begin the planning process and start reaching out to different groups. Specific details for the event are to be announced.