University briefs

0
507

UBC food services to adopt cashless system

The University of British Columbia’s Alma Mater Society (AMS) catering service will soon implement a cashless payment system through app developer nTrust.

The app will allow students to transfer funds from an nTrust account in order to pay for items at AMS businesses such as The Pit Pub, Burger Bar, The Gallery, Bernoulli’s Bagels, and Blue Chip Cookies.

The new system aims to reduce time spent waiting in line and could also help students to avoid fees associated with some credit cards.

With files from The Ubyssey

UFV students launch new art magazine

A new student-founded publication has been introduced to the University of Fraser Valley.

PIPE journal provides a space for students to showcase their artwork. Any art submitted must be accompanied by a 500 word statement from the artist.

The journal is geared toward visual arts students, but all UFV students are welcome to enter submissions.

With files from The Cascade

Puppies make people happy

McMaster University’s faculty of social sciences has welcomed a year-old border collie, Scout, into its midst.

Scout is currently undergoing assessment by the SPCA to become a therapy dog. He will be on campus full-time in the next school year when he has completed his training.

The SPCA dog program will be implemented at the university with the aim to de-stress social sciences students as well as bridge the divide between students and faculty.

With files from The Silhouette