Satellite Signals

0
429

vancouver
Vancouver

Two panelists from Kwantlen Polytechnic University and UBC discussed “waste to energy” as a possible option for managing solid waste and generating electricity in Metro Vancouver at Harbour Centre on Tuesday, June 24. Metro Vancouver’s waste to energy facility generates enough power for 15,000 households annually, but opponents cite issues of air pollution and a dependence on a constant waste stream, which is counter to the goals of zero waste policy.

surreySurrey

SFU President Andrew Petter invited 20 students, staff, and faculty out to the Surrey Campus last Friday for Breakfast with the President. These events offer attendees the opportunity to share perspectives about university issues over coffee and a muffin. At a previous event, Petter told The Peak that these events help him “stay as connected as [he] can to [our] community while being out there representing it.”

Waterfront Ballroom

SFU’s Beedie School of Business brought over 1,000 global thought leaders to Vancouver’s Waterfront Ballroom for the Academy of International Business’ Annual Meeting on Thursday, June 26. The public luncheon addressed “BC’s place in the global economy,” and this year’s recipient of the AIB Fellows’ International Executive of the Year Award, Dominic Barton, gave the keynote speech.