Being a “B” student vs. shaming “A” students

0
1364

CKNY - woohoo - CollegeDegrees360 Flikr

Woohoo: being a “B” student

I’m probably adhering to common conception when I say that it’s best to be a “B” student.

“B” students stay in the groove of academic achievement. Being one requires enough hard work to keep oneself at or above the median, but still allows one enough time to live a life outside of school.

And this life outside of school is necessary to having a life after post-secondary. Outside of the school world is where one learns to be social in a less-stressful atmosphere, and how to operate in a workplace, most notably. Moreover, consider that the vast majority of people in the world don’t operate in the school environment.

Being a “B” student emphasizes the importance of living dedicated to simply enjoying, rather than conquering, conquering every grade and every obstacle. These students know how to relax in the shade and breathe.

Safe to say, “B” students are probably on the right track.

Boohoo: shaming “A” students

Disagreement makes the world go around, but shaming sucks. Don’t be a shamer.

So “A” students are different. Others need to respect that they take their own route to success, which, for them, happens to be on the academic level.

Try to think about it from their point of view: they might feel compelled to achieve perfection, perhaps due to a repressed memory of a childhood failure of some sort. Maybe they see every “A” as a physical manifestation of proving their overbearing fathers wrong.

Or perhaps they enjoy getting high grades and attaining knowledge; maybe they see that education doesn’t stop life, but rather is a part of life.

It takes all sorts of people to inhabit the world, “A” and “B” students included. And learning to get along is another step toward world peace.

Heck, anyways, “A” students are probably trying hard just to suffer through grad school. Don’t give them your shame! Give them your deepest sympathy.