The Craziest, Most Outrageous, Most Surprising, Best, Worst and Average Countdown Lists of the Year 2013

0
434

Oh boy, what a crazy year 2013 was for year-in-review countdown lists! There were just so many ridiculous, crazy countdown shows and magazine articles that happened this year (espeacially in December) it’s hard to fit them all into one list! Anyway here’s a countdown of some of the most memorable countdown lists of 2013!

5. CNN’s Top 50 moments of 2013

Wow, this was a crazy list! Starting from #50 and going all the way to #1 is pretty standard but did anyone really see that commercial break coming right before the top five! This was definitely one of the most surprising countdowns of the year!

TV

4. MTV’s most memorable 100 people, places and things of 2013

MTV is a veteran of countdowns but really outdid themselves this year with a top 100 list! Sure even I could come up with say . . . 85 people, places and things that were memorable this this year, but 100! What a countdown!

3. MuchMusic’s Countdown of the Top 20 Videos of 2013

I know, a top 20 list at #3 on a top five countdown list, really? Don’t be fooled by the low key amount of things to countdown here, this list was jam packed with so many honourable mentions and bonus clips it might as well have been a top 200!

2. TSN’s Top 100 sports moments of
the year (2013)

TSN’s Top 100 play of the year rarely disappoints and 2013’s was no exception. Recapping the whole list with shortened clips after every group of ten moments was an especially clever way to both help late viewers and fill out a 3-hour TV block!

Newspaper

1. Peak Humour’s “The Craziest, Most Outrageous, Most Surprising, Best, Worst and Average Countdown Lists of the Year 2013”

Maybe a bit of surprising choice to go number one here, but Peak Humour’s 2013 countdown of the best countdowns of 2013 had everything you could want in a countdown list. Sure, the premise seemed a little weak and actually carrying out its meta-premise was surely pretty tedious to read but it did make the top spot on this list of the top countdowns of the year so it must done something right!