Apply to be The Peak’s Web Producer!

0
488

The Peak, SFU’s student newspaper, is looking for someone who can harness their web design, visual design, and WordPress skills to make changes and improvements to the-peak.ca on a weekly basis. We want to have the best web site of any Canadian student newspaper; this is an excellent opportunity to gain valuable experience in a well-paid position that is flexible around your classes.

The Web Producer will adjust the look, feel, and functionality of The Peak’s WordPress-based site on a week-to-week basis. Specific tasks may include creating a front-page “cover image” every week, making changes to the WordPress theme using CSS, HTML, and PHP, and designing the appearance of featured articles. This job is very open-ended, with a lot of room for the successful candidate to come up with and implement new ideas. The Web Producer will also be expected to work with The Peak’s other editors at the SFU Burnaby campus on Friday afternoons.

The job is paid $225 per issue (that is, every week for 13 weeks). Any SFU student can nominate themselves for the Fall 2013 election by filling out and submitting a questionnaire by 1:00 p.m. on Wednesday, July 10. For those who can attend, all candidates are invited to make a one-minute presentation about their qualifications and goals for the position, followed by a brief question period, at the Peak collective meeting at 1:00 p.m. on Wednesday, July 10 at the Peak offices. Voting will then continue until Wednesday, July 17.

Questions? For more information, contact coordinating@the-peak.ca, or you can proceed to fill out a questionnaire below.