Join the Club!

0
407

By Gary Lim

New to SFU? Missed clubs days? Finding it hard to make friends? Tired of sitting alone on Friday watching Dream Girl Fighter Squad X? Well I’ll bet there’s a club that can take your mind off KAWAII DESU- ^^ thoughts! JOIN THE CLUB is a feature that showcases some of SFU’s lesser known clubs!

Founded in 1896 by the late King George the 7th, the Compulsive Liars’ club has a history as long as it is storied. Originally started as a secret society, the club has existed for 200 years as an invisible hand to guide the masses. It revealed its existence to the public in 2006 by signing as an official SFU club with the SFSS.

Boasting a membership that includes Nobel Prize winners, Tour de France champions and several prominent movie stars “who couldn’t make it because they’re in Europe right now filming something,” the Liars impressive roster of members does not say anything to them barring quality over quantity.

The Compulsive Liars boasts an impressive membership totaling of “well over 40,000 students.” Although The Peak was unable to ascertain what the club does, it is assured by members that the Liars do “awesome stuff every day,” including but not limited to sky-diving, dining ad five-star restaurants, and performing physical feats outside the realm of possibility.

Anyone wishing to join the Compulsive Liars is advised to check out one of their meeting, every Tuesday at 7:30 in their secret moon base.