The Week Ahead in SFU Sports: January 6–12

Women's basketball and hockey play at home this week

0
762
The new SFU Athletics logo / Photo credit: SFU Athletics

By: Dylan Webb, Sports Editor

After a short holiday break, SFU Basketball, Hockey, and Wrestling return to action this week. While the men’s basketball team and both wrestling teams will be on the road, SFU Sports fans can cheer on the hockey and women’s basketball teams at home. 

Women’s Basketball:

After completing a short, two-game road trip to begin the 2020 portion of their schedule, the SFU Women’s Basketball team returns to the West Gym to host two home games this week. On January 9 at 7 p.m., they will take on Seattle Pacific University. Two days later, on January 11, the team will host Saint Martin’s University for another 7 p.m. tip off. 

Men’s Basketball:

This week, the SFU Men’s Basketball team makes their only trip of the year up to Alaska to take on both University of Alaska teams for the first time this season. On January 9 at 8 p.m., the Clan will take on the team from Fairbanks at the Alaska Airlines Court. The team will then travel to Anchorage to take on the Sea Wolves at 6:15 p.m. on January 11

Men’s Wrestling:

The SFU Men’s Wrestling team will visit San Francisco State University for a duals tournament on January 11

Women’s Wrestling:

On January 10 and 11, the SFU Women’s Wrestling team will be in Louisville, Kentucky for the NCAA Duals Championships. 

Hockey:

SFU Hockey kicks off the second half of their 2019–20 BCIHL schedule by hosting the last place University of Victoria Vikes on Friday January 10 at the Bill Copeland Sports Centre. Puck drop is 7 p.m.