Simon Fraser Student Society (SFSS) staff brought a discussion to the board on June 19 regarding the possible relocation of the society’s general office to Think Tank located adjacent to the food court in Maggie Benston Centre.

The society is looking at flipping the Think Tank into a location for staff who work with clubs and student unions, explained chief executive officer Martin Wyant. The space provides the best frontage and accessibility to students.

The aim is to “try and create an opportunity to replicate the front end services that we’re going to be providing in the [Student Union Building] in our current space,” Wyant said. “Right now, if you look at our space here, we have a series of offices that are walled-off from each other and not really one place where students can go and get their core questions asked.”

The changes will bring staff together to work on a wide range of requests and diversify their skills, Wyant explained.

After a long discussion about the benefits and the drawbacks of the proposed changes, the majority of the board indicated that they were in favour of the relocation of the general office.

Build SFU general manager Marc Fontaine told the board that the staff were aiming to complete the potential transition prior to the start of the fall semester.