I lost my voice at the Nobody Safe Tour

Nobody was safe from the groovy beats, including my voice box

0
481
(Photo courtesy of the Come Up Show)

By: Edna Batengas

Future has clearly not lost his steam, dropping two albums back to back, with both of them being on Billboard’s top 100. Accompanying him on his North American tour were successful talents Tory Lanez, A$AP Ferg, and Migos.

June 9 was a night that Vancouver will never forget. Rogers Arena was packed with anxious fans of the various performers. Right from Stadium-Chinatown skytrain station, it was clear that something big was happening. Traffic police were guiding people as they crossed the roads to enter the arena.

48 hours before, event notifications were sent out saying that the showtime had been changed from 7 p.m. to 6:40 p.m. More than a handful of people were still fashionably late and I don’t blame them. The crowd sat in the dark theatre being entertained by lively hip-hop music throwbacks to distract from the fact that the show started an hour later than anticipated. Nonetheless, the recorded music got the crowd feeling good vibes before the show began.

The venue prohibited alcohol in the arena which left hundreds, if not thousands of individuals chugging down beers and wine coolers between the show and the overpriced concession stands. Other sought out pizza for $8 a slice while people such as myself kept it classy by purchasing mini doughnuts.

The show started off with Tory Lanez gracing the crowd with his presence as he hyped them up for the upcoming artists. He continually reassured the crowd that Vancouver was by far the loudest and best city that they’ve had the opportunity to perform at. With cheeky remarks regarding the beautiful women in the audience, Lanez even asked for all the single ladies to raise their hands. Perhaps he was scoping out a tour bae?

Migos brought energy and charisma to the stage as they teased the audience, singing less popular songs. The group danced and jumped around the stage with such passion. They also commented on how Vancouver was by far the rowdiest city they’d performed at. They ended their performance with a crowd favourite song from 2017, “Bad and Boujee,” which left the crowd screaming at the top of their lungs as they danced to the hit.

Once Future got on stage, he literally set it on fire. Like, fire started flying up from the stage. The stage effects were spectacular and he made some outfit changes between the show. In the beginning, he amused the audience by singing older songs like “Bugatti,” which left the crowd excited that he wasn’t only performing his latest songs. By the end of Future’s set, he raised the roof, and people on the stage floor were going insane. Even people seated up high in the audience were getting rowdy. Shirts were being removed, some were trying to climb on the rails, and there had to be at least a dozen people smoking up, hence why multiple police officers were keeping an eye on the crowds.

Long story short, Future’s Nobody Safe Tour was certainly worth every penny. I can’t wait to see what he does next and whom he’ll bring on tour with him next time.