Woohoo, Boohoo

0
531

edit-20049-1430759368-4

Woohoo: Mothers

Ahh, mothers. They can drive us crazy sometimes. However, when push comes to shove, your mom is always in your corner. While she may not understand the things you do or the music you listen to, she’ll always be the first to lend a hand in your success.

Your mom is the one who always gets you up in the morning after your alarm has failed (yet again). She’s the one who packs your lunches even after you tell her to stop. And who else is going to remind you about the chores you definitely didn’t forget to do?

So raise a glass to the woman in your life who will brag endlessly about your exploits, big or small, who will continue to show embarrassing pictures of you to friends and family, and who will never stop loving you even if you don’t call her as much as you should.

Boohoo: Mother’s Day

It’s Mother’s Day, and I know for a fact that you forgot about it! Blame the Moon and the Easter Bunny all you want for the sporadic date changes, but you knew it was fast approaching. Good luck sifting through what’s left of the Mother’s Day cards at the supermarket; you and I both know the good ones are long gone.

Pick one that is sentimental; a joke card is not going to cut it this year. And don’t you dare make her a spaghetti necklace because you spent the last of your paycheck on an overpriced exclusive drink cup at the Avengers: Age of Ultron premiere. This woman raised you — buy her a day at the spa or at least a bottle of wine so she can forget about how bad you’ve screwed this up.

Fun fact for you: Mother’s day was originally called Mothering Sunday. You’re about to find out why.