8 signs that you’re definitely making a list

0
558

1. You begin with an overall theme, no matter how vague it might be

Maybe it’s a theme about how to make a list or maybe it’s about coming up with bullshit examples that don’t make sense. Whatever it is, just run with it and see where you end up!

2. You have more than one thing to say, so you decide to use a second point 

Some people like to use bullets but I’d recommend using numbers so that way people know you’re really serious about making a list.

3. You start building momentum as you add the third example to your list 

This example is crucial so make sure you’re not slowing things down by redundantly explaining things as you go along. It’s all about the momentum.

4. You use your last legitimate example and then start to brainstorm more

Chances are you didn’t really think this list through and now you’re going to have to put some actual effort into it. That’s okay. I’m sure you’ll be able to come up with something.

5. You realize that you used your best examples first and regret not having some of the better ones saved for later in the list 

Just throw something in and hope people assume that it fits with everything else you’ve put so far. Got it? No matter how unrelated or lame the example might be, everyone will totally believe you unless you unknowingly draw attention to it.

6. You wonder how Buzzfeed makes lists look so easy but then you remember that they mostly rely on unrelated GIFs of pop culture references

Yup. I bet a GIF of Tina Fey and Amy Poehler hosting the Golden Globes would really spruce this list up right about now.

7. You realize you might actually hate Buzzfeed

That’s okay though. Everyone eventually does.

8. You run out of things to say, so you decide to arbitrarily end things on whatever number you’re at

Just go back to the top of the list and change the title to match however many points you made it to.