Five movie stars who did 2013 right

0
613

Tom Hanks ist von der deutschen Filmgeschichte begeistert

Tom Hanks

Delivering one of his finest performances in Saving Mr. Banks this year, Hanks has been on my list for quite some time. The world may worship him for his supposedly brilliant roles in The Da Vinci Code or Cloud Atlas, but an actor of his caliber needs an equally purposeful movie that will challenge him to explore his talents and showcase his exceptional character work and this was it. Of course Emma Thompson does a wonderful job but it would be a mistake not to acknowledge how great of an actor — not to mention, how incredibly handsome — Tom Hanks is.

BW-Bradley Cooper2

Bradley Cooper

Cooper has been on top of the world ever since People named him 2011’s Sexiest Man Alive. Who cares if The Hangover Part III was one of the worst movies ever made? We at PQ appreciate true beauty and sexiness — and this movie star has been blessed with both. This year, he surprised and impressed film aficionados as FBI agent Richie DiMaso in American Hustle, which has been generating a lot of Oscar buzz. As long as Cooper continues to deliver good performances and look good doing it, we’ll forgive him for the occasional B-movie or popcorn flick.

BW-sandra bullock

Sandra Bullock

We at PQ tend to focus on male style and sexiness, but Bullock had a knockout year and deserves to make the list regardless of gender. After the one-two punch of Gravity and The Heat, she’s cemented herself as one of Hollywood’s biggest — and most bankable — actresses. Good looking women are an integral part of Hollywood and good looks she’s got, but Bullock is more than just a pretty face: after her Academy Award win for 2012’s The Blind Side, 2013 proved that she’s got more than enough acting chops to stay relevant into 2014 and beyond.

BW-Jennifer Lawrence

Jennifer Lawrence

You were expecting this, weren’t you? I mean, yes, she fell on the stairs at the Oscars (which was just downright embarrassing) and she is madly in love with french fries, but this actress has continued to impress us over and over again. From portraying strong-minded and independent Katniss in Catching Fire or as erratic Rosalyn in American Hustle, Lawrence has proved beyond a reasonable doubt that she’s quite versatile and has worked extremely hard to get where she is today — not to mention she is just hilarious. It certainly doesn’t hurt that she’s also one of sexiest women in Hollywood.

BW-Leonardo DiCaprio

Leonardo DiCaprio

Who cares if The Wolf of Wall Street has a rape scene in the end that no one wants to talk about? Leonardo DiCaprio is the man as he plays Jordan Belfort, the film’s morally bankrupt but devilishly stylish protagonist. The movie is essentially the story of an asshole, told from an asshole’s perspective, and Leo (as usual) knocks it out of the park. DiCaprio has received all-around favourable reviews for his acting in the movie, cheating on his wife and swearing like a sailor all while looking like a perfect 10. He is truly a movie star who is ‘doing it right,’ including donating a huge chunk of his paycheque this year to LGBT friendly organizations. Way to go, Leo.