The 5 Most Annoyed People You’ll Meet on Public Transit

0
729

If you’ve ever ridden public transit you’ll know that there sure are a lot of annoyed people out there! Here’s a list of five of the most common types who are going to be just plain irritated by every inconsiderate and rude activity around them . . .

1. The “Quiet, No Headphones, Book Reader”

QuietReader_AlexOrtega

One of the most annoyed people you’ll meet on any bus or Skytrain is the person quietly reading a book and not wearing any headphones.

This is the person who will be constantly scowling at you if you blast Eminem’s “Lose Yourself” at a volume that would only be suitable if it was intended for everyone to hear. On top of that they’re always silent and keep to themselves incessantly, trying not to bother anyone, but if someone is making noise eating dill pickle-flavoured rice cakes near them on a bus at 10am, even if they’re only doing it because they missed breakfast and were really hungry, they’ll always grit their teeth to themselves in annoyance.

2. The “Always Offers Seat to the Elderly” Person

SeatFinder_AlexOrtega

The person you’ll probably see shaking their heads to themselves while standing up on a Skytrain or bus more than anyone else is the dude who without fail will attempt to help older or handicapped riders have a more enjoyable trip.

This guy hardly ever sits down and never puts his feet up on another chair or takes up a whole seat for his backpack when there are fellow transit users around.  He’s also the guy you might be able to read as seething with anger if he sees you in the seat that has the “reserved for the elderly and disabled” sign and notices that you don’t bother to look up from your phone or blatantly act like your young, healthy legs deserve a rest more that an old lady with a walker. God, is this guy ever annoyed!

3. The “Trapped by Someone’s Bike” Person

BikeTrapped_AlexOrtega

This is the person who you’re most likely going to overhear complaining to their friend in private after a Skytrain ride saying something like “I couldn’t get off at my stop because I was trapped by someone’s bike.”

This person is the kind of person who doesn’t bring a bike of their own on the Skytrain ever and probably knows that bicycles aren’t allowed during the hours in which their incident occurred, which makes him even more annoyed than other people on public transit! They’re usually also the person who has somewhere to be at an approximate time and can’t conveniently afford to miss their stop because a bike rider is restricting their ability to exit in a timely manner.

4. The “Bus Driver”

BusDriver_AlexOrtega

Every bus always has one of them, believe me. You know, the person who always has to sit right up front and be in control of everything.

If a car doesn’t yield to the bus or a passenger doesn’t pay his fare you can always tell that they’re pretty irritated. This is the person who won’t always express their frustration out loud, but you can always see in their eyes that they are definitely one of the MOST ANNOYED people you’ll meet on public transit!

5. The “Irritated by Everyone Anyways” Person

PermaAnnoyed_AlexOrtega

This is the person you’ll probably see on every bus or Skytrain looking aggravated at everyone. Whether you’re eating, listening to loud music or breathing too quickly, it’s going to annoy them.

On the other hand though they’re also the person who will be that way no matter where they are. Sure, they’ll roll their eyes at people who put their feet up on seats even when the bus is empty but they have the same reaction when they see someone walking their dog down the street without the correct footwear. This person pretty much just hates everyone and that translates into their public transit experience as well.