Chris Hadfield continues to film every menial task he performs

0
506

Hadfield_youtubes_web

Former ISS Commander won’t stop posting tedious YouTube videos of himself

By Brad McLeod

TORONTO — Despite having returned to earth nearly a week ago, a bewildered Chris Hadfield, unsure of what to do with himself with all this gravity and convenience, has continued to post instructional videos of everything he does in his day-to-day life as if they are amazing accomplishments.

According to YouTube subscribers of the former “coolest man in space” and current 100-millionth coolest man on earth, Hadfield has not ceased to release videos of mundane activities that he does and seems to be unaware that they were only interesting because he was doing them in zero gravity.

His latest video, released on Saturday and entitled “How Astronauts Shave (When they are at home in Ontario)” was essentially just footage of how any man would shave except for the fact that Hadfield kept dropping his razor forgetting that it wouldn’t float in mid-air.

“It’s kind of sad to watch” explained John Druken, one of Hadfield’s biggest fans. He seems so lost being on earth, it’s heartbreaking to see him acting so delusional as if he thinks he’ actually an Earth celebrity.”

While Hadfield’s videos are almost identical to those he produced for the Canadian Space Agency during his time away from earth, having them set in his kitchen in Ontario as opposed to the International Space Station has had a significant impact on their popularity.

“I thought it was really cool how he made those videos in space and played guitar in space but now that I think about it, it’s got nothing to do with him, space is just really, really cool” described one recent unfollower of Hadfield’s Twitter account. “Even something as terrible and boring as shaving is great in space, shaving in Ontario on the other hand, not so much.”

Although many people believe that Hadfield will soon realize that the cache behind his videos is gone since he’s on earth and will soon stop making them, there are others who believe that Hadfield will never be able to let go of his brief time as the cool space guy.

“I mean, it must be awful for him to have to come back to Earth” psychologist Melanie Stevens told the Peak “On Earth he’s not really special, everything was better up there for him, well except having to eat awful food and not being able to do pretty much anything, ever.”

The idea that Hadfield is not ready to start living a normal life on earth has also been supported by Hadfield’s family who say that since his return, the astronaut has continued living as if he is still in space.

“He still sleeps in a pod, he drinks nothing but Tang and constantly attempts to glide across the room” his exasperated wife explained. “The only time he seems to even acknowledge he isn’t still in space is when he’s updating his Twitter and complains about how spotty the reception is way down here, it’s incredibly frustrating.”

While a new video of Hadfield drinking a glass of water in his living room is supposed to come out tomorrow, there are a lot of online fans urging their hero to just go back to being the regular guy he probably never really was.

“It’s enough already, it was fun, but it’s time to move” urged Druken, still one of his biggest supporters. “I’m not sure what he should do though, now that he’s on earth he has less free time than ever . . . maybe lose a few hobbies?”