Peak Publications Society Board of Directors Meeting Agenda
January 18, 2017
The Peak offices
- Maia Odegaard (Board Secretary, non-voting)
- Max Hill (Editor-in-Chief)
- Nathan Ross (Collective Rep)
- Jessica Whitesel (Collective Rep)
- Jessica Pickering (Employee Rep)
- Call to Order
- Appointing a Chair
- Approval of Agenda
- Approval of past minutes from December 28, 2016
- Financial update
Maia to present the state of the Society’s finances through December 2016. See appendix A.
- Promotions Coordinator summer 2017
Board to discuss the plans of the current Promotions Coordinator and how to proceed next semester.
Jessica Whitesel to present on a possible inventory management system for our equipment.
- Online article removal policy
The Board will discuss a policy regarding the removal/alteration of published content from the-peak.ca, which will then be published online along with all approved policy.
- Constitution update
Maia to update the Board on the ongoing progress with the constitution, the GSS, etc. Also, we need to call a Special General Meeting to elect up to three At-Large members for the Board and devise a plan to advertise the available position/election process.
- Renewal of the Business Manager’s contract
The Board will review a presentation of the Business Manager’s accomplishments last year and scheduled raise.
- ACP Mid-Winter Conference
The conference website is down at the moment, so exact costs are difficult to calculate. However, last year we spent roughly $1245 per person to send students and 1 advisor to the same conference in LA.
- Lanyard purchase
Max will present a motion to allocate $35 to the purchase of lanyards and badge holders.
- In camera session